HPPE, also know as UHMWPE(ultrahigh molecular weight polyethylene). HPPE gloves are high-performance polyethylene gloves.
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fiber is a kind of high strength and high modulus and good abrasion resistance, cut resistance, chemical resistance fiber, the same strength more than 10 times the cross-section steel wire is also the chemical fiber with the highest specific strength.
There are two production processes:
- One is the Netherlands DSM company with decalin dry spinning process for solvent;
- The other is Honeywell, USA. The company uses white oil as a solvent for the wet spinning process.
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fiber cut resistant gloves are super polymers polyethylene filaments and other fibers such as polyester, nylon, spandex, glass fiber or wire, etc., and then weaving through a 13 gauge glove machine made, considering factors such as product slip resistance, moisture resistance and use environment, the gloves need to be dipped and shaped.
In addition, for part of the labor. Special requirements for static electricity in occasions can be added to the weaving of gloves Electric fiber, developing ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene with the antistatic function.
How Cut resistant gloves works?
The reason why cut resistant glove can prevent knife cutting is mainly there are three special materials inside, which are ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fiber, stainless steel wire, and core yarn. Among them, ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene fiber has impact resistance and cutting resistance, and also has unique advantages in defense against chemical corrosion and wear resistance.
At Everpro Glove, we manufacture cut-resistant gloves, not cut proof gloves and no cut gloves. The distinction is important because an accident can still happen, but by wearing the right level of cut-resistant glove, the injury can be minimized to a few stitches, or less.
The steel wire used for anti cut glove is high-quality stainless steel wire, which is added with rare metal elements such as chromium, manganese, and nickel in the stainless steel material to maximize the requirements of firmness, toughness, corrosion resistance, tensile and cutting resistance, and then special Processed, it feels soft on the hand.
The core-spun yarn used in cut protection gloves is generally made of synthetic fiber filaments with good strength and elasticity as the core yarn, and outer fibers such as cotton, wool, and viscose fiber are wrapped together, and then twisted and spun together. The comprehensive performance of silk core yarn and outer staple fiber.
What are the factors that determine the price of anti cut gloves?
Commercial gloves are used to measure cut resistance according to ASTM F1790-05. ASTM F1790-05 test methods and results are close to the weight of ISO 13997 (g/m2 or oz/yd2). Weight is the weight of the fabric per unit area. Not the entire glove weight. The higher the weight, the stronger the cut resistance, due to the higher use of the material.
This refers to the specific fabric structure. This information is included, such as the type of weaving or weaving, and the number of threads or stitches per inch. This can affect yarn mobility and sample thickness. The thickness of the sample will affect the cut resistance.
Coating (type and weight)
Some coatings have stronger cut resistance than other coatings and thicker coatings provide more material to prevent them from being cut. It is worth noting, however, that in some cases the application of the coating will slightly reduce its cut-resistance compared to the uncoated. This happens mostly in the case of thinner coatings.
These factors also determine the cut resistant gloves cut levels.
HPPE Liner Cut Resistant Gloves Advantage
- Excellent protection
Due to the high strength, high modulus, and anti-high molecular weight polyethylene fiber cutting, anti-aging and other characteristics, the main material of the anti-cutting gloves excellent protection properties, especially cut resistance, tear resistance, and friction resistance
- Extremely long service life
The service life of gloves is mainly based on their abrasion resistance. Line distinction, if the glove is used for a period of time, there is a rubber surface falling, finger rupture, etc., the protective function of the glove will decrease. It should be replaced in time.
Ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene anti-cutting. The friction resistance of the gloves is more than 70 times that of the cotton gloves, which actually makes the service life is 6 to 10 times.
- Good comfort
The back of this anti cut glove compared to other protective gloves uncoated, breathable and comfortable, with excellent wear resistance and cut resistance sexual, flexible, comfortable to wear, easy to clean, the product’s remarkable characteristics.
It is super wear-resistant, elastic, easy to wear, comfortable and breathable, and does not affect the hand joint movement, easy to operate at work, with better grip force, especially suitable for mechanical processing, operation, and other industry labor protection.
Because the dry spinning fiber has “fine denier high strength, soft hand feeling soft, solvent-free residue, etc. The glove has a softer feel, moisture wicking, and coolness often obvious.
At the same time, dry spinning fibers are also easy to weave into fabrics. used for sewing gloves, protective aprons, etc., or spinning after cutting, Re-processed into a knitted glove with a softer feel and anti-slip function. Further, improve the applicability of the glove.
The Usage Of The Cut Resistant Gloves
High dexterity cut resistant gloves are widely used automotive shipbuilding, glass manufacturing cutting, and handling, steel sheet finishing, machinery manufacturing, assembly operations, metal processing, precision grinding, construction, cargo handling, slaughtering, material sorting, metal processing, metallurgy, sheet metal work, car repair, and field protection and disaster relief and so on
The Main Cut Resistant Glove We Produces Now:
For the cut glove, mainly have 4 types, the details as below :
- The anti-cut liner without any coating. The cut level usually is 5 and TDM(13997) is C grade, for ANSI level is 3. The special fiber(no toxic) can reach the food grade, so it is widely used as kitchen cut resistant gloves that protect your hands from the sharp objects. For the food grade usually for meat and seafood process. And for the general grade usually can be used the cutting, grinding, glass processing, metal processing, engraving, craft processing, etc. The glove’s feeling is cool and without the coating its good breathability and soft to wear. Also, they are washable and can recycled use.
- The cut-proof liner with PU coated no cut gloves. This is the most popular and hot sale design. 13gauge liner with grey or black PU coated is the most classic type. For more thinner and super touch feeling, the knitting gauge also can be 15 gauge or 18 gauge ). The cut glove with PU coated cut proof glove is lightweight, super thin feeling, anti-static. Also, the price is reasonable. For the liner, any color(including the high viz type) is can be customized. The pepper and salt color is the most common one.
- The cut 3 or cut 5 level liner with latex coated cut proof gloves. As the good elasticity and good grip feature, latex rubber can be crinkle coated, sandy coated and foam coated. Also for different usage also can be palm coated, half coated and double layer coated.
- The anti-cut liner with Nitrile coated cut-resistant gloves. For the nitrile, the most advantage is the high performance of abrasion and oil proof function.
The cut-off glove with nitrile can be nitrile smooth coated .nitrile foam coated, and nitrile sandy. For the coated position, it can be the palm coated, half coated and fully coated.