The nitrile coated glove is a glove made of synthetic rubber. The main components of nitrile are acrylonitrile and butadiene.
The nitrile rubber and the knitted liner are mixed together to form a nitrile coated coating glove.
▋Nitrile Coated Gloves
- Nitrile has good physical properties, good tear resistance, puncture resistance and anti-slip. Excellent chemical resistance, certain pH resistance; Good chemical protection for corrosive substances such as solvents and petroleum; The degradation time is short, easy to handle, and environmentally friendly. These features make nitrile gloves a very popular work glove.
- Compared with latex, nitrile has the disadvantage of poor elasticity, and its advantages are oil resistance, abrasion resistance, chemical resistance, and acid， and alkali resistance.
- Nitrile coated gloves are widely used in petrochemical, paint printing, farming and animal husbandry, automotive, mechanical cleaning and maintenance of building materials, hardware tools, metallurgy and minerals, and other industries.
▋Nitrile Coated Gloves Manufacture
▋What’s different kind nitrile coated gloves including?
- According to the nitrile surface process, including smooth nitrile, sandy nitrile coated glove, foam nitrile work glove, double layer nitrile safety glove, and so on.
- According to the liner material, nitrile coated glove including polyester liner, nylon liner, nylon with spandex liner, cotton jersey liner, cotton interlock liner, HPPE liner and so on.
- According to the coated position, including palm coated nitrile work glove, half coated nitrile coated work glove, full coated nitrile work glove, double layer nitrile coated gloves.
▋The details for the different nitrile coated gloves introduce:
1) Palm nitrile coated work glove
For nitrile palm coated work gloves, nitrile rubber does not have any surface treatment. It is characterized by excellent wear resistance, light and sensitive, oil stain resistance, acid and alkali resistance, corrosion resistance and excellent chemical resistance.
Nitrile coated glove can be coated on different liners. Here we introduce some popular design:
13 gauge polyester or nylon with firm grip nitrile coated work glove, this is the most common design all over the world. As its good feeling and reasonable price, these gloves are a good function of resistance to abrasion. The liner can use nylon instead of polyester, nylon has a longer lifetime and soft than polyester. Also, the liner can use the 15 gauge polyester or nylon, 15 gauge liner is thicker than the 13 gauge liner, which makes the glove more comfortable.
U3 style polyester or nylon liner, which provide more anti slip function for the nitrile work gloves.
Cotton interlock brushed liner. After the brushed surface, the surface has a rich and fluffy cotton fabric, which is soft, supply comfortable feeling and good warmth function. In the market, cotton interlock liner usually sewing with safety cuff or knitting cuff. This kind glove we also call them heavy duty work gloves .
According to the coated position, latex glove can be palm coated, half coated, and fully coated.
2) Sandy nitrile coated work gloves
Sandy nitrile dipped glove, which means after the nitrile cover a layer of salt which makes the nitrile layer have the tiny hole before dry and then washed by water off the salt. With this particular process, the glove will be super breathability and anti-slip, also will supply a high flexible feeling.
Sandy latex coated glove can be coated with different liners, different gauge polyester, nylon, nylon with spandex. For 15 gauge nylon with spandex liner nitrile coated work glove. Nylon, which makes the liner longer lifetime and breathability, and the spandex, which add the elasticity of the glove. The nylon and spandex liner usually used in the high-grade work glove.
According to the coated position, sandy nitrile coated glove can be palm coated, half coated, fully coated and also the 2nd layer together with the half or fully nitrile sandy coated gloves.
3) Foam nitrile coated work gloves
Foam nitrile coated glove. Physical foaming, which means the glove liner dipped in the nitrile which is after the foaming process. With the foam latex, the gloves will be soft and flexible, which makes the worker more comfortable. Now we have 2 kinds of main kinds form nitrile.
One is Micro-fine foam, which means after the nitrile foam, will be washed by water. This glove is silicone free, which is more breathable than earlier formulations – for cooler, drier hands and less sweat. This kind glove now is very popular all over the world, and we have got the new EU about this kind glove issued by Intertek in the year 2019. The most famous PPE brand in the world all sell this kind glove hot now. Also, this glove is certified as skin friendly by the Oeko-Tex® testing & certification system.
Another kind nitrile foam is nitrile lunar foam safety glove, which provides the perfect balance between comfort, dexterity, and protection. This glove is certified as skin friendly by the Oeko-Tex® testing & certification system also. The liner is the nylon and spandex, which is well-suited for slightly oily or dirty environments helping to improve lifetime, as well as super suitable to precision assembly and general handling work.
▋EN420 General Requirements And Other Size Demand For Nitrile Work Glove
▋Nitrile Coated Gloves Review
1) Super Flex 15 Gauge Nylon Nitrile Coated Work
- These gloves are perfect as an all-around pair of work gloves, but especially for industries or jobs that handle light oils. The grip is still excellent even when exposed to some oils.
- The wrist area has a snug fit and feels more secure than other gloves out there. This is perfect for jobs where dirt or debris can easily enter the wrist area. No more removing your gloves in between work to shake off small debris.
- You can still use your phone while wearing these gloves. There is no need to remove them to answer a phone call or a text message. Hand dexterity is still fairly good as well.
- These gloves hold up well against a fair level of abuse. They should be able to last for months if you only do light to moderate levels of work.
- The dipped area is not as waterproof as we would like, although if you aren’t handling extremely wet applications, that shouldn’t be a problem.
2) 15 Gauge Nylon Nitrile Coated Mechanic Work Glove
- The first thing that will impress you right off the bat is its fit. It has a snug fit that doesn’t feel constricting but still gives your hands dexterity to perform the tasks you need to perform.
- These gloves don’t feel as heavy or bulky as other work gloves. They give the impression of working with your bare hands, so if you need work gloves that feel as if you are not wearing work gloves at all, these would be the best choices.
- They don’t make your hands feel sweaty. You can wear them even on a warm day. They are comfortable to wear as well, since the back area of the gloves have a softer texture.
- These gloves are oil resistant to some extent, so if you are working with moderate levels of oil, this should be a good option.
- Since the backing is made from a fabric material, it’s not as durable as the others.
3) Polyester Nitrile Coated Mechanic Work Glove
- If you need work gloves that will hold up well against wet or oily applications, you should get this one. They have been designed for such a purpose, ideal for people who deal with grease and oils all the time such as mechanics.
- These gloves offer protection up until the wrist area. They can also protect your hands from harsh chemicals and acids. They can also protect your hands from cuts and abrasions as well as from dirt and grime.
- Unlike others, it stands up quite well to heat, although it should not be exposed directly to flame.
- The dexterity these gloves offer is also commendable. You can move your hands freely without feeling constricted.
- The downside to these gloves is that the cuffs tend to be a little tight. You might have a bit of trouble donning them and taking them off.
4) 13/15 Gauge Nitrile Palm Coated Work Gloves
- These are great for people looking for thinner gloves that will still provide them with great protection against cuts, impact and abrasions. Because these gloves are thinner, they offer better hand dexterity and breathability. They are more comfortable to wear, as if you are not wearing gloves at all.
- The fingertips of these gloves are rounded, so you can wear them and not worry that you will lose sensitivity in your fingertips.
- They are actually quite reliable in acidic, oily or alkaline environments, which gives them flexibility to be used for different applications.
- For its price, you will actually find this glove a value for your money. It is well-made and can last for a long time when used for moderately heavy applications.
- Although these are advertised as work gloves with a good amount of grip, they tend to be a bit more on the slippery side. These gloves could use some improvement in this department.
5) 13/15 Gauge Polyester/Nylon Nitrile Palm Coated Glove
- These are highly impressive nitrile work gloves with a fair level of thickness. It isn’t too thin, which means it should accommodate heavy-duty applications without tearing instantly.
- The size for these is just right. You don’t need to size up. Your regular size for gloves should work well for this. We find that it even has some excess space, so your hands won’t feel like they are being squeezed.
- The protection from abrasions and scrapes offered by these gloves is excellent. If you do applications that graze your hand often to abrasive surfaces, you should find this a good option.
- These gloves are comfortable to wear even for an extended period of time. If you need work gloves that you can wear the entire day, you might find these gloves ideal.
- Because of the thicker material, it can get a little bit hot in the summer. You might have to take them off every once in a while to let your hands breathe.
6) Heavy Cotton Nitrile Fully Coated Glove
- One of the best for heavy duty applications, these gloves can withstand a lot of abuse. If you work in industries where your hands often take a beating, you will find these gloves worth the money. They are also tough and can protect your hands from injuries.
- The inside is made from a material that is soft and comfortable. It doesn’t even feel like you are wearing work gloves. The size is also right. You can still move your hands easily.
- The exterior coating has adequate protection against liquids such as petroleum and oils. And because the surface has a coating, it is easier to clean. Grease and dirt don’t cling to it easily.
- Switch to these work gloves in the winter. They will definitely keep your hands warm.
- The fingers tend to stick to the material, so it might be difficult to take them off. You also need to store them separately or they can stick to each other.
7) Polyester/Nylon Foam Nitrile Work Glove (PT-N1401)
- These gloves have excellent waterproofing functionality. The combination of materials used just make these gloves more effective when it comes to keeping water and oils out.
- You can still use your smartphone when you have this on. There is no need to take off your work gloves.
- These gloves are not a hassle to clean. You can just chuck them in the washing machine and run them in a cold water cycle. It is easy to keep your work gloves clean.
- The exterior has a texture that is rubbery. It prevents smooth materials from sliding off of your hands when you carry them. These gloves are also protective. We like that they go past the wrists for further protection for your hands.
- The tactile is missing on these gloves. If you have to pick up small objects such as screws, you might these difficult to work with.
8) HPPE Nitrile Foam Cut Resistant Gloves
- For excellent hand protection, get these work gloves. They are some of the most protective gloves around. They don’t just provide protection on one side of the gloves but all around the gloves, so you can get maximum protection.
- Despite the protective properties of these work gloves, they are breathable. Sweat and heat do not accumulate inside, so you can wear these even when the weather is hot. However, they still provide adequate warmth in the winter because of the fabric interior.
- These gloves are not just protective, they are durable as well. We have tried putting them through the most rigorous tests and they still came out intact. If you work with your hands a lot, doing tasks that wear out your gloves fast, get a pair of these gloves.
- You might have a more difficult time finding a better fit for these work gloves as the standard ones might be a tad loose.
9) Nitrile and Anti Slip Dots Work Glove (PT-N1301)
- The micro dots of these gloves are an excellent feature. They provide the best grip for slippery materials. If you work with materials that are sensitive and are expensive and you don’t want to drop them, you should use these gloves instead.
- We like how our hands remain cool even after using these for a long time. The heat does not get trapped in between the gloves and the hands. These are very breathable and they are comfortable to use.
- The exterior of the gloves remains dry and clean. They don’t need to be cleaned all the time as they don’t pick up dust or lint easily like many work gloves out there.
- The hand dexterity of these gloves is also great. You can move and bend your fingers with ease.
- There are actually not a lot of reviews about the functionality of this product. The only thing you might gripe about it is the size, which is more of a personal preference.
10) Microfine Nitrile Foam Coated Work Glove
- These work gloves are very flexible. You can bend or move your fingers to perform more intricate tasks. We find these ideal for doing tasks like picking up small objects, manual cutting work, drawing and many other tasks.
- The inside material is soft and smooth. It makes wearing gloves for an extended period of time more bearable. You can avoid the dreaded hand fatigue while wearing these gloves.
- These gloves provide the best protection against abrasive materials. You can reduce the number of times you get scrapes and wounds because you accidentally grazed your hands on something rough or sharp.
- You can use these gloves for a long time. They are well-made and the seams do not fray or burst easily.
- These gloves might not have the best breathability, so if you prefer something that is light to wear in the summer, you might have to look elsewhere.
11) Nitrile Sandy Coated Mechanic Glove
- The fit is excellent for these gloves. They almost feel like a second skin. They still provide the best protection for your hands against scrapes and cuts but that is done without adding bulk to the gloves. You also get precision when wearing these. You can work as if you are not wearing gloves at all.
- The knitted wrist area is a nifty feature. It keeps the gloves closed, so pebbles and dirt won’t easily enter the gloves. This is great when doing gardening work or doing wood working projects.
- The inside material is not abrasive to the skin. It feels soft and comfortable, so there are no problems wearing these gloves for a long period of time.
- The palm area has a micro cup finish that gives it more suction feature to grip materials effectively.
- When it comes to heavy-duty performances, these gloves fall short.